Develop your organization or community by collaborating with others in JBM

4 Organizers
Join Us!

Do I have to qualify or register a foreign (out–of–state or out–of–country) business entity?

#NextGen Advocate
California Secretary of State: 2017 in Review

We've been busy at the Secretary of State's office in 2017. Check out some of our agency's highlights in the video below. We look forward to continue serving you in 2018!

Posted by California Secretary of State on Thursday, December 28, 2017
Views: 45
Get Embed Code

Before transacting intrastate business in California the business must first qualify/register with the California Secretary of State. (California Corporations Code section 2105, 15909.02, 16959 or 17708.02.) California Corporations Code sections 191, 15901.02(ai) and 17708.03 define "transacting intrastate "as entering into repeated and successive transactions of its business in this state, other than interstate or foreign commerce.

The Secretary of State's office cannot advise you as to whether or not the business must qualify/register to do business in California. If you require assistance in making that determination and to ensure that all issues are considered and addressed appropriately, you should consult with private legal counsel.

You need to be a member of .LA to add replies!

Join .LA

E-mail me when people leave their comments –